With so many things to remember and keep track of leading up to your wedding, The Pavilion at Mixon Farms has created this helpful wedding checklist for you.
After the Engagement:
- Prepare yourself mentally. Get into the right frame of mind. Be prepared to compromise. Enter into your wedding with an open mind and be flexible. You may have it all planned out in your mind, but keeping it flexible will leave you less disappointed
and frustrated. Be ready to alter your ideas of what your dream wedding is.
- Decide on a budget. You should have a list of: “Must Have”, “Nice to Have”, and “Like to Have”, and finally “Want, but do not have to Have.” You need to look at what funds you have to spend and be able to live and pay your bills.
- Have a Wedding Planning Book. Make sure it has a calendar and pockets to store brochures and literature. This will help you organize your ideas and store your contact information all in one place. Write down vendors you have talked with and contact information, appointments and times.
- Decide on a date and alternative date. Call your venues and see if your date is available and if the cost fits into your overall plans. If you find a place you like, and it is in your price range, you should book it and not wait. If it is out of your budget ask about an alternative day. Friday and Sundays may be offered at a reduced rate.
- Contact an officiant to conduct the ceremony. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Decide who you want to be part of your wedding and ask them.
- Start to put together your guest list and think about how many you want to attend.
- Depending on your venue choose a caterer.
- Choose a photographer.
- Find a DJ or music, start thinking about what type you want.
- Decide on a florist and think about decoration ideas.
- Select a wedding cake.
6-9 Months Before the Wedding
- Start looking for your wedding gown
- Select attendants attire
- Start finalizing your guest list
- Reserve room for wedding night and block rooms for guests
- Start planning your honeymoon
- Order invitations, thank you cards, and programs
- Purchase wedding bands
- Finalize the reception menu
- Take engagement pictures
3-6 Months Before the Wedding
- Purchase wedding shoes and start wearing them
- Purchase undergarments
- Finalize wedding gown alterations
- Register for gifts
- Order favors if desired
- Purchase ceremony items, cake knife, guest book, etc…
- Arrange any rentals you may need, china, linens, tables etc…
- Order tux
- Finalize honeymoon
- Book rehearsal Dinner
2 Months Before
- Start addressing invitations
- Hire transportations for wedding day
- Finalize hair appointments and make-up
- Make sure Mom has dress and accessories
- Buy bridal party gifts
- Compose Day of Wedding Time Line
- Select songs for the reception
- Make a gift record for writing out thank you cards
- Mail out invitations 4-6 weeks
- Get final fitting
- Finalize ceremony vows
- Make a list of people giving toasts
1 Month Before
- Get marriage license
- Make necessary payments
- Arrange name changes on Drivers License, bills etc…
- Make a list of RSVP contact if they have not responded
1-2 Weeks Before The Wedding
- Start packing for honeymoon
- Groom gets his hair cut
- Get attire ready for rehearsal and wedding
- Put your Survival Kit together
- Contact all vendors that need final guest count with payments
- Enjoy a bachelorette party
- Assign Seating
- Reconfirm arrival times with vendors
- Send timeline to the bridal party and family
- Delegate your point of contact person, bustle your dress, carry things, who’s in charge of gifts, handing out tips etc…
- Book a day at the spa, manicures & pedicures day before wedding
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Pick up your dress
The Wedding Day
- Eat something in the morning
- 3 hours before, do hair and make-up
- 1 hour before, Put on dress and accessories
- Bring the Marriage license
- ENJOY the reception with your guests
After The Wedding
- Go on your HONEYMOON
- Send thank you cards
- ENJOY being married FOREVER