OTHER RECEPTION ITEMS TO CONSIDER
RECEPTON RENTAL GUIDE GUEST TABLES
- 48-inch rounds seat 4-6 guests
- 60-inch rounds seat 8-10 guests (we recommend 8, especially when using a charger plate)
- 6 ft rectangle seats about 8 guests
- 8 ft rectangle seats about 10 guests
CAKE TABLES OR CANDY STATION
- 36-inch round for either the groom’s cake or wedding cake
- 60-inch round for wedding cake, groom’s cake, cupcakes or candy combination
- 6 ft rectangle for wedding cake, groom cake, cupcakes or candy combination
Seats entire bridal party. Normally rectangular tables placed end-to-end. If using 6-foot rectangular table, they will sit either 2-3 on one side.
In place of head table, small table that seats the bride and groom while the rest of the wedding party sits at guests’ tables. The table could be either 36-inch round or a 6-foot rectangular table.
If you have decided on a buffet dinner, you will arrange several beverage or food station tables, such as carving, pastas, beverage, coffee, etc.
Size depends on the number of guests you are expecting, typically a 6ft banquet.
GUEST BOOK TABLE
A small table for your reception guest book, can be combined with the Gift Table.
For a seated dinner or buffet, you will need to provide seating for all reception guests. We provide 120 white padded folding chairs. High-Chairs for children; we have 3 on site, free to use.
LINENS AND CHAIR COVERS
Linens can be selected through our Partner company Linens by the Sea & US Tent Rental. They offer many options, deliver and pick up from our venue. We highly recommend renting linens, to ensure correct table sizes, quantities and they match each other in color.
For a formal plated sit-down reception dinner, the tables are usually set with the complete setting. US Tent Rental offers these items as well. The caterer, for a buffet reception, will serve the guests and plates will be located at the buffet table. High-End disposables are usually available through your caterer company of choice.
A large tent or canopy may be required for a reception held outdoors to protect you and your guests from sun and or rain. You may need to rent a tent for your caterer to serve from or your buffet. A 20 x 20 tent will accommodate about 40 guests at a sit-down dinner. Take a picture of the site so when you discuss it with the tent rental company they will have a reference. Contact a rental company that is familiar with the wedding venue or they should survey the facility themselves.
- The size of the dance floor depends on how many guests you expect. They can range from 12 by 12 up to 20 by 30 feet or larger & can be rented through US Tent Rental & they can advise on the size dance floor you will need.
- Heaters/Air Conditioners/Fans You may need to rent heaters if your reception will be a bit chilly, we offer them here for $75 each, and can be decided for use as late as your rehearsal the evening prior to the wedding day. In warmer weather, May through September, we provide portable AC units as part of the venue rental.